Monday

The home stretch?

I am not sure what product or service you sell, but in most there is a seasonality to it.  In mine, there isnt, but the holiday season makes things a lot different just in the schedules and thought processes of the people involved.  In either case you have a period of time that is basically the last real opportunity to earn new business for the year.  For me the year is pretty even outside the holidays, but in the past the holidays were the peak season and the holidays is why I was there.

How you prepare for the pick up or slow down is important.  Plan it out even if that means a 1/2 piece of paper jotting the known factors down.  Get your team invovled.  During the slow down portion, I like to make sure that my team knows that NOONE else will be out selling during this time which makes it easier to get in.  The sales cycle might be a bit longer, but the lack of competition is nice.  Also, this is a great time to touch base with your current clients to thank them for their business.

If its your peak time then you need to plan out your attack.  what are the main obstacles you will have in making this a great sales season?  If youre in consumer sales will it be the flow of inventory?  Or will pricing be a problem?  Do you have a list of top clients or people you could call when the "hot" item comes in?

Think this way, if I were a high volume buyer what would be really good customer service to me?  If you have people who spend a lot on your products throughout the year, call them and ask if they have a holiday list they are working on.  If they do, then you can see what you can cross off for them, or you can tell them where the good deals are, or will be.

Be proactive.  Slow times, or peek times are areas of opportunity for Great Sellers.

5 comments:

  1. Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post, keep posting stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the style of the internet site. I had a peek at your source code, hope you don’t thoughts, to check what theme you are employing. Is it it a no cost theme or do I've to buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, its free. the bottom of the page has the credits for the style maker

    ReplyDelete